ducklings that sleeps on feet

katiecandi

In the Brooder
Oct 18, 2016
California
i just brought home two one day old ducklings and i noticed that when they sleep one of them sleeps laying down with its two legs underneath it, is this normal? or is there something wrong with her feet/legs? she can walk perfectly fine she just sometimes keeps her legs spread out when she sleeps like shown in the picture

Whenever I see my birds do that, I always think "OMG she's dead!" But then when I get closer, they stand up and walk off.

Babies seem to do it more often, maybe because they aren't so set in their ways yet where they think feet should be under them. However, I've seen adults doing it also.

Whenever I see my birds do that, I always think "OMG she's dead!"  But then when I get closer, they stand up and walk off.

Babies seem to do it more often, maybe because they aren't so set in their ways yet where they think feet should be under them.  However, I've seen adults doing it also.
[/quote

Yes..my rescue Hen stretches out on her belly, half on her side, leg in the air and fast asleep...Silly Duck!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom