Duramycin and LS 50 together

Wfpendragon

Chirping
Mar 13, 2016
Wisconsin
Can I use duramycin and LS50 together in treating my flock? My beautiful blue ameraucana cockerel died this morning from what I believe was a severe respiratory infection as he was wheezing non stop. I am now afraid that my other chickens will come down with this and I want to start treating them preemptively. Can I mix these two medications in the water so as to cover whatever illness befell my rooster?

Thanks.

Throwing the medicine cabinet at it per say isn't the best option. Are any other birds sick? Check closely for nasal discharge, bubbly eyes, and listen for rattling in the chest. If no other birds are sick it is not a good idea to use antibiotics as it can weaken the effectiveness when you do have a real problem. If they are sick then you need to narrow down what likely would be the virus causing this and try to use a coordinating antibiotic.

Tylan water soluble is very good for respiratory. Probably one of the best. Duramycin does ok if it isn't severe.

So the Americana had a huge cyst near his ear, I now think we have a staph infection going around because my polish has a cyst on his wing

Sadly I found out they had Marek's disease, it worked temporarily but they eventually passed :(

Aww. I am so sorry. That is so sad and a terrible disease!

We had that once too, and it was so sad., never again will I purchase birds from a seller without knowing more about them...long story, but...

I am pretty sure the birds have a responsibility issue, so hope the LS50 works,

Back
Top Bottom