Rooster can't walk

ambergds

In the Brooder
May 18, 2016
Utah
I found my rooster this morning unable to get up. I can't feel any injurys and he was fine yesterday. He is 17 weeks old. His symptoms are, leg paralysis, open mouth breathing, stretching his neck then his head will collapse, body twitching.
His eyes look normal. I have him separated with food and water close by. I will attach a video of him. Does any have any idea would could be going on with him? Does this look like mereks?

I found my rooster this morning unable to get up. I can't feel any injurys and he was fine yesterday. He is 17 weeks old. His symptoms are, leg paralysis, open mouth breathing, stretching his neck then his head will collapse, body twitching. His eyes look normal. I have him separated with food and water close by. I will attach a video of him. Does any have any idea would could be going on with him? Does this look like mereks?
I had a hen with those symptoms... She died
hide.gif

Wow missing a lung? Crazy!
I just really hope it's nothing contagious! I will be sad to lose this guy, he is the friendliest chicken I have ever had!
Anyone else have any ideas?

My cockerel is still alive this morning. He is still complete paralyzed and appears to be having seizures or convolutions. Could this be mereks even though it was sudden or is something else more likely? If anyone had any thoughts I would really appreciate hearing them.

Back
Top Bottom