7 week old BSL Cockerel - very friendly - Fresno California (Central)

anthrogirl

Chirping
Sep 11, 2016
Fresno CA
Anybody looking for a very sweet almost 7 week old BSL Cockerel? he's a mix of Dominique (mother) and either EE or Welsummer (the lady we got the eggs from wasn't sure which rooster)

He was hatched under a broody hen so he's very comfortable with adult hens and forges well. We're in Fresno (Central California) but could drive to meet if you're farther away. (We want him to go to a long-term home, not 'freezer camp')

Forgive the awful selfie...

at one week old

and a picture of him freshly hatched

Still available, We wish we could keep him but our next-door neighbor is a very angry lawyer who will throw a temper tantrum the moment he crows :(

He's 9 weeks old now, here is his latest picture:

Hi.
frow.gif

I couldn't figure out what BSL is.
hu.gif

Anyways, I used to live in the valley...

Your boy is handsome. Good luck finding him a home.
fl.gif

The selfie gets a pass since you included broody pics!
wink.png

Aww what a cutie! Wish I could take him but I'm way to far away
Thanks, now that he's past the awkward stage he's getting rather handsome, his tail feathers are getting a great iridescent sheen (why do roosters have to be so darn good looking!)

Hi.
frow.gif

I couldn't figure out what BSL is.
hu.gif

Anyways, I used to live in the valley...

Your boy is handsome. Good luck finding him a home.
fl.gif

The selfie gets a pass since you included broody pics!
wink.png

BSL = Black Sex-Link (unless I messed that abbreviation up, a definite possibility) it's not a pure breed, but when you take a barred hen and certain breeds of rooster all the male chicks will be black and white barred, similar to a barred rock but darker and with messy barring.

LOL, thanks, I tried to remove the selfie picture but I couldn't find the edit button *smacks forehead*

Still available, have posted him on craigslist also but no luck finding a home where he won't be dinner :(

also he's 12 weeks old now, I just can't figure out how to edit the post (smacks forehead) no crowing yet and he's nice to the hens and pullet he lives with.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could him one of those no crow collars temporarily until you can find a new home? Doesn't stop it completely but lowers the volume. Or maybe he will be one of those roosters that doesn't crow much... one can hope..

Good luck finding him a home! He's gorgeous

Still available, have posted him on craigslist also but no luck finding a home where he won't be dinner :(

also he's 12 weeks old now, I just can't figure out how to edit the post (smacks forehead) no crowing yet and he's nice to the hens and pullet he lives with.
That's too young to know how he will truly act to the ladies because his hormones haven't kicked in yet. Things change once they start mating, they will chase the girls down screaming and mate them like it or not. And change even later than that when they mature and suddenly start protecting their ladies around 8-9 months.

You could try posting on a board at you local feed store. Or maybe a natural foods type store. Are you using the farm and garden section on CL? I would also post under the pet and free sections.

Or accept the fact that everybody has to eat..... and let someone take him who will do it humanely. You still eat chicken from the store right? Even though you can't do, maybe you can be honored that another family gets to eat after your boy lived an awesome life.
smile.png

Best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom