Shipped Eggs

moglet

Songster
6 Years
Oct 22, 2016
UK
Hi I have just joined BYC hello everybody
I'm based near Bakewell in Derbyshire UK

I have 5 fertile eggs in my incubator that have been shipped from Spain and as you would expect they have detached aircells, I candled at 6 days and found the other 9 to be clear, bloodrings and very detached air cells, I am hand turning by just gently rocking my brinsea octagon eco incubator side to side 3 times per day, not quite at 45 degrees as I daren't rock it any further down as at least one if not all 5 have detached aircells. I can't get the humidity any lower than 42% and the temperature is hovering around 37.2 to 37.3 it has dropped over the last few days from a constant 37.6 they are now on day 8 and I have them pointy side down in clean cardboard egg cartons. When I candled them on day 6 these 5 had veins and I could see the small black dot forming, I know they could still quit at days 10-12 and/or at lockdown or hatch, I just want to know if I am doing everything right and if there is anything else I can do other than sit and worry! Thank you
Carole

Thank you! I will, still getting used to the website. It's vast! and so much to read! really impressed with all the knowledge on here too.

Hi everyone,
I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about my shipped Euskal Oiloa hatching eggs. The hatch rate was not good to say the least, as I expected, I managed to hatch 1 egg out of 16. But I am so pleased I have at least one so hopefully in Spring I can try and arrange a one day delivery with a reputable transport company and hope for a better result. Anyway the picture above is of the little "fellow" he/she was hatched on November 5th Bonfire night here in the UK, what a day to make his entrance! he is eating drinking and pooing normally and is such an inquisitive little chick and very active, I have put a mirror in the brooder box and he seems fascinated by the "other chick" he looks in the mirror then tries to get behind it to see where the other chick is, such a shame he didn't get a playmate, so does anyone want to hazard a guess at the sex? I think boy as he is so brave but it doesn't matter what he is.

Back
Top Bottom