Greetings from the plains of the Big Sky.

squabnrabbit

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2016
I am about to move into a little old three bdrm on an acre out on the plains of south central Montana. I have lots of plans for gardening and small livestock.
I thought it made sense to start an account here instead of just lurking and reading. I certainly have many questions that I will be asking as I get my start.

Livestock wise I am looking at rabbits, pigeons (utility or possibly homers) and ducks or chickens (still undecided may try both).

I plan to have at least a quarter of the space dedicated to a soil garden plus a solar greenhouse with aquaponics which I have started to design. There is a lawn in the front though I plan on altering that section for fruiting bushes and other perennials.

I know there are a bunch of Montanans on here as I have seen many posts in my lurking. Say hello, maybe we will be neighbors.

Greetings from Kansas, squabnrabbit, and :welcome! Sounds like a little slice of paradise you have there. My wife is from Montana (which she reminds me of every day of the year the temperature is above 70 or she sees a picture of a mountain). There are many Montana folks on BYC. CTKen gave you the link.
Best wishes and thanks for joining us!

Last edited:
Hello and a warm welcome to BYC. It seems that redsox was listening to his wife's recollections of mountains, at the time of posting. I believe that he meant to give you this link
smile.png
- https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you. Please make yourself at home here and I wish you all the best with your plans.

CT

Hello and a warm welcome to BYC. It seems that redsox was listening to his wife's recollections of mountains, at the time of posting. I believe that he meant to give you this link :)  - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you. Please make yourself at home here and I wish you all the best with your plans.

CT

I did indeed! Thanks, CTKen....guess that was from the previous post. I'll go back and correct it. Thanks for looking after me! :)

I did indeed! Thanks, CTKen....guess that was from the previous post. I'll go back and correct it. Thanks for looking after me!
smile.png

Any time, redoxs
thumbsup.gif
we all need a bit of looking after, now and again
wink.png
(me, more than most)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom