Purple question.......

WestKnollAmy

The Crazy Chicken Lady
Apr 22, 2008
upstate SC
I did not search so forgive me but I have been pondering this for a while and knew you all have way more experience than I do so please answer for me.....
Purples... can they come in barred wing or do they always come in solid (bs) pattern?
If they always do, then why is that?

hu.gif

I did not search so forgive me but I have been pondering this for a while and knew you all have way more experience than I do so please answer for me.....
Purples... can they come in barred wing or do they always come in solid (bs) pattern?
If they always do, then why is that?

hu.gif
Purple comes in all patterns. I believe Purple BS just so happens to be the most favored and so bred the most. Similar to that of a Midnight BS. I've only seen few pictures of Midnight peafowl with the wild barred wing pattern.

Thank you all! I knew you could answer it! That is what I was looking for. I had never seen one or even the photos so I am glad you shared this with me.
Thank you!

bow.gif

If you want a Purple barred peafowl you can make some with Purple BS and IB. Breed a Purple BS cock to an IB hen. You will get a Purple hen that has the wild pattern split to BS. Breed her to a Purple BS and you will be able to get Purple peacock with the wild pattern split to BS.

Back
Top Bottom