Help with breed please?

pj2004tx

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2016
My kids and I are new to raising chickens and are needing help determining the breed of these 3. They are all about 5 month old. The 2 hens have not starting laying yet, or at least that we can find. They are free to come and go from the coop in a very large yard so we are sill searching for signs of laying! Lol

This is Roo.

This is Marshmallow.

This is Reba.

Thanks! They just came from a friend. I don't think he would even know if I asked him, not a reliable source. We got them at about 3 weeks. My kids were just wondering what type they might be. We also have 4 1 month old from TSC.

welcome-byc.gif

First bird is a mixed breed cockerel, I'd say about 5 months or so.

second bird is also a mixed breed cockerel, I'd say about 3-4 months.

the little red hen is a generic/production Red, and I'd say also about 3-4 months old. You wont' be getting eggs from her until spring, most likely.

I'd look into getting rid of one or both of those roosters. It's too many for your small flock, especially until the littles from TSC get old enough to take some of the mating off that single little Red pullet.

welcome-byc.gif

First bird is a mixed breed cockerel, I'd say about 5 months or so.

second bird is also a mixed breed cockerel, I'd say about 3-4 months.

the little red hen is a generic/production Red, and I'd say also about 3-4 months old. You wont' be getting eggs from her until spring, most likely.

I'd look into getting rid of one or both of those roosters. It's too many for your small flock, especially until the littles from TSC get old enough to take some of the mating off that single little Red pullet.

X2

Back
Top Bottom