Great Hatch!!!!

eldonrgv

Songster
Oct 5, 2016
Roma Texas
Got a great hatch with my homemade incubator. Had started with 7 peafowl eggs and 44 chicken eggs 3 weeks ago, got rid of the 7 peafowl eggs after 14 days of incubation for being unfertiled. I also candled the chicken eggs and 41 were fertile and developing out of the 44. Yesterday on day 20 they started hatching and by this morning the bators was packed with buffy butts. I just removed them and 40 out of the 41 remaining hatched!!!

That's awesome. ..
Got a great hatch with my homemade incubator. Had started with 7 peafowl eggs and 44 chicken eggs 3 weeks ago, got rid of the 7 peafowl eggs after 14 days of incubation for being unfertiled. I also candled the chicken eggs and 41 were fertile and developing out of the 44. Yesterday on day 20 they started hatching and by this morning the bators was packed with buffy butts. I just removed them and 40 out of the 41 remaining hatched!!!

Gave all babies to my father and he got all excited and gave me another 37 eggs for me to hatch. I'll be setting them this afternoon just making some little adjustments on my bator. Moved heating element to the top as well as the thermostat and figuring out how to turn eggs faster whole tray instead of one by one manually.

Before

Now

Gave all babies to my father and he got all excited and gave me another 37 eggs for me to hatch. I'll be setting them this afternoon just making some little adjustments on my bator. Moved heating element to the top as well as the thermostat and figuring out how to turn eggs faster whole tray instead of one by one manually.

Before

Now

Looks like a great incubator
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom