hoping for chicks

DaddyDink

Hatching
Oct 27, 2016
hey all...new to the group and 1st time home buyer come Dec 30th!!!! excited bc it looks like chicks are legal where we are moving.

Greetings from Kansas, DaddyDink, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our flock and excited your new locale allows chickens.
celebrate.gif

If you are new to the chicken world a great place to pick up some valuable poultry knowledge is the Learning Center here https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
It is packed with great articles about every aspect of chicken keeping. Best wishes and thank you for joining BYC!!
smile.png

hey all...new to the group and 1st time home buyer come Dec 30th!!!! excited bc it looks like chicks are legal where we are moving.
I echo @redsoxs welcome! The Learning Center is a great place to start and there are lots of people here to offer support, fun, and advice - um, sometimes unsolicited......

.......which I'm about to do now.
hide.gif
You said it "looks like" your new home's location allows chickens. Might I suggest that you double check that and make absolutely sure? There are all kinds of posts on here where heartbroken owners say they "have to get rid of their babies" because they "thought they were allowed but apparently they aren't". A little research now might save you a lot of grief and anger later.

Again, welcome!

thanks, I figure it might be a yr or 2 b4 I get all my research done, unpack, and start my garden but I figured this was a good place as any to start!!!

thanks, I figure it might be a yr or 2 b4 I get all my research done, unpack, and start my garden but I figured this was a good place as any to start!!!
I've learned a couple of things in my almost 66 years on the planet - one, as a Navy wife for 26 years once stuff is packed up it's seldom totally unpacked. <sigh> And two, especially when it comes to chickens, research is never done! I learn something new here almost every day.
idunno.gif
gig.gif

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

Hope the home closing goes well.

Enjoy the forums, enjoy your planning. Feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.

Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! So glad you could join us! I hope you are able to get some peeps where your new location is, wishing you the best of luck with your move! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!

Back
Top Bottom