Sick chicken *warning poo picture*

allykay219

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2016
Indiana

Here's a picture of its poo. I found it today just laying in the coop. So I brought her in. Shes new. I got her and some others few weeks ago. I have kept them sperate from my other chickens. The rest I got with her act fine ... Any how shell open her eyes and move a little but not alot. Will not stand up. I've made her drink some save a chick and was wanting to know if there is anything else I should do. Here's a picture of my poor baby
1f61e.png

I'm not sure about the "poo," simply because I was too distraught over my chicken's condition to even think about looking for signs like that. Anyway, within a night, my healthy chicken could not stand, nor move. I brought her onto my porch and laid her on a blanket. Tried feeding and watering her by hand, but nothing helped. She got worse over time and after looking into it, I believe she had Mareks disease which is caused by a parasite. She ultimately died. I wish I had consulted this website early into it: http://www.raising-chickens.org/mareks-disease1.html It explains the disease, what to look for and what electrolytes, etc. might be helpful. Good luck, and don't give up!

4. Poo - The Chicken Keeper's Guide in Poultry FAQs and other Information - Page 1 of 10

(look at last three pics)
This could just be them shedding their intestinal lining, nothing to worry about, normal.
But her not moving is worrying, Give her small amount of vineagar in their water. Check for worms in her poo.Her face looks pale, Is she molting? Straw is bad, it is mite world. Get wood chips, to avoid mites. Also give her pumpkin seeds or cucumber in case of worms, it is a natural de-wormer.Feel her crop. Is her crop hard? or squishy?

Her crop feels hard. I just got the straw Saturday and out it in. Maybe it's something with that? I don't think she's molting. None of then are old enough to lay yet. I haven't seen her poop. The poop was under wear she was laying and there was some stuck to her bum

Her crop feels hard. I just got the straw Saturday and out it in. Maybe it's something with that? I don't think she's molting. None of then are old enough to lay yet. I haven't seen her poop. The poop was under wear she was laying and there was some stuck to her bum
oh no poo stuck to bum is bad how long has it been there? Pasty butt is bad at this stage something needs to be done immediatley!!! ugh know i spelled that wrong, Give her a epsom salt bath warm water and force feed her oil with a treat (like berries or something easy to swallow) You could loose her, i saved my chicken Little Jerry just in time. If they are not pooping that is bad, but she can't be eggbound though because she is not old enough. Do this soon as possible!

It's not pasty butt. There was some on the feathers around her butt but it came right off. It was like she pooped while laying there today. She just started it sometime today. I found her when I checked on her during my lunch break. And she seemed fine yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom