First eggs

heather28

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2016
North Carolina'
I got my first eggs yesterday I think by my barred rocks how often do they lay normally?

Those aren't barred rock egg they aren't brown. It depends on breed and the individual as far as how often they will lay.

Those aren't barred rock egg they aren't brown. It depends on breed and the individual as far as how often they will lay.
I took them in the dark room they r kinda tanish but I have them in a flock of rir but they both lay brown eggs so ... not sure I tried to watch today to c if I could catch one of them laying but guess I'm not gonna get n e today maybe tomorrow

Now I can see they are brown. Mine started about 3 weeks ago and has laid daily. I would expect her to take a break eventually. Barred rocks should lay around 3-5 eggs a week as an average their first year.

Thanks the reassurance. After reading some of the threads, I just checked vents and the 'space between pelvic (?) bones'. The two red stars and my barred rock are getting closer. How exciting it's going to be to get an egg!!

Back
Top Bottom