Any Aussi chicken lovers around?

rngrdead

In the Brooder
Hey there,

Aussi backyard chicken lover - with our own brood in suburban Blackburn South (eastern Melbourne) Victoria

Daisy - favorelle - blonde, beautiful, intelligent, super friendly, nearly 4 yo.
She lost her friends suddenly - virus - gorgeous Ella and silly Betty

We are now raising from day old (from Abundant Layers breeders)
Beatrice - barnavelder - forthright and fancies herself as boss
Pearl - barnavelder - makes up for smaller stature with feisty personality
Daphne - welsummer - second in command
Iris - welsummer - a happy follower

They have just moved outside. It's sort of summer here, and we have the lamp in the sleeping quarters of Chateau du Chook, but the bubbies are still locked in the Chateau for their own safety - until bigger than the magpies and crows around here. After that they get free run of the garden - not my vege patch!) along with Daisy and our two bunnies Alfred and Lilly (who have their own luxury abode).

Love to hear from any fellow chicken lovers out there...

CHeers
Josie

G’Day Josie
frow.gif
Welcome!

Your flock sounds adorable and yep, magpies and crows are always a worry.

I have a small flock of 5 very spoiled bantams.

Anyways, yep, there are a few Aussies on BYC and some of us can be found lurking on the below thread. I hope you get a chance to drop by and introduce yourself:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/598568/australia-six-states-and-that-funny-little-island

I also hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Hi Josie....I am an Aussie chicken liver on the Bellarine Peninsula ....recently retired so since I have always wanted chickens I got 6 gorgeous Hamburghs ...Madge (bossy), Tillie, Lizzie Borden, Black Betty, Millie and Molly. Sadly Lizzie Borden got out and my mothers Jack Russell got her. All have rose combs except Madge and she is huge with an impressive comb and wattle so believe she is mixed breed. We thought they were all bantams but only Black Betty, Molly and Millie (named after my husbands Aunts) are....we have had to contend with some pecking (even drawing blood). Now all resolved by splitting the chicken run. I have just found out that one Millie might have lice... so have some work to do today.

Back
Top Bottom