HAWK KEEPS ATTACKING MY MAMA HEN!

erin lynn

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2016
Aransas Pass Texas
My hen lemon just had 12 babies and we let them free run as she doesn't like being kept in the coop with the babies they are 3 weeks old she is a very good mama but has been attacked by a hawk after her babies her eye is almost swollen shut what should I do?

if it was a hawk you are very lucky she and her babies are alive

you need to clean it and apply an optical antibiotic

you can rinse it with a saline solution

Last edited:
We saw the hawk the other day and she flew about 30 feet up in the air and was fighting it luckily we have several decks and a lot of brush the babies can hide in. It seems she can open the eye but most of the time she has it closed. However she hasn't lost a single baby and our rooster comes to help too.

We saw the hawk the other day and she flew about 30 feet up in the air and was fighting it luckily we have several decks and a lot of brush the babies can hide in. It seems she can open the eye but most of the time she has it closed. However she hasn't lost a single baby and our rooster comes to help too.
thats great!

it may look better by just cleaning it

Good news on mama hen lemon this morning when I woke up whatever was under her eye is gone I think she scratched it off but either way her eye looks great now I'm so relieved she is such a rockin awesome mom I'm so proud of her!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom