My Chickens: Pictures and Stories of My Beloved Flock

Lil Peeps

Songster
Apr 16, 2016
Hello everyone! I'm Lil' Peeps here on Backyard Chickens and I have been raising chickens for about 4 years now, and I have been undoubtedly in love and addicted to them from the first day. I never knew just how much fun they would be, nor how much joy they would bring me when I first carried that peeping parcel home from the post office, but I can say for sure my life was changed forever for the better. So, first I'll start out with introducing you to my current flock. I hope you all will enjoy the pictures as I love taking them and that you would all feel free to also share some pictures and stories of your own. Okay here it goes...

ETA: Please do not use any of the pictures on this thread for any purpose without my permission, all pictures are taken by me unless otherwise stated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry it took me so long to get these out, I was having a few difficulties along the way, but here they are...

Meet the Flock!

Name: Padmè
Breed: Buff Brahma
Gotcha date: April 14th, 2015
Info: Padmé is a sweet but standoffish girl. She was named after one of my favorite characters from the Star Wars Saga. I got her from a local feed store last spring.
Pictures:

Picture of her the day I got her:

Name: Edwina
Breed: Old English Game BB Red Bantam
Hatch Date: September 15, 2015
Info: Edwina is a sassy little stick of dynamite. Even though she is only half the size of the other chickens she will put up a serious fight and she loves to chase the cats. She's also my favorite girl. ( Shh....don't tell the others. )
Pictures:

Name: Miriam
Breed: Swedish Flower/ Buff Orpington cross
Hatch date: March 5th, 2016
Info: She is a mellow, sweet, snuggly girl. She likes to be held and talked to. I hatched her in my LG Incubator.
Pictures:

Name: Chai
Breed: Buff Silkie
Gotcha day: April 1st, 2016
Info: i got Chai this Spring with her two 'sisters' Frosty and Snowbelle from a Tractor Supply Co. Store in the bantam box. They were the sweetest babies and are still super sweet hens. She is the loud-mouth of the group.
Pictures:

Name: Frosty
Breed: White Silkie
Info: She is the most laid back out of my three Silkie hens, and she likes to be held the most.
Pictures:

Name: Snowbelle
Breed: White Silkie
Info: She is a sassy little marshmallow and likes to be held the least out of my three silkie hens.
Pictures:

Name: Teedeedee
Breed: Belgian Mille Fleur d'Uccle
Gotcha date: April 1st, 2016
Info: She also came out of the bantam bin at Tractor Supply and she is quite a character! She makes the cutest little sounds and also has a fiesty streak, like Edwina, for chasing after the cats.
Pictures:

Name: Zues
Breed: Black Silkie Rooster
Info: The last chick from the bantam bim at Tractor Supply. Zues is a really good laid back rooster. He has a really nice disposition and is good with the ladies.
Picures:

Name: Ashlynn ( Lynn )
Breed: Rhode Island Red/ Aruacana cross
Hatch day: April 8th, 2016
Info: I hatched her from our neighbors chicken eggs. She is really sweet and really beautiful! I love her dark red color.
Pictures:

Name: Dalton
Breed: Barred Rock Rooster
Hatch day: April 21st, 2016
Info: He is the rooster for the big coop, while Zues is the man of the bantam coop. He is a stunning rooster, but he can be a bit aggressive at times.
Pictures:

Name: Hadassah
Breed: Black Old English Orpington
Hatch day: June 1st, 2016
Info: She is a beautiful HUGE Orpington. She has a very laid back personality and gets along well with the other hens but despite her size she has a low place in the pecking order. I'm assuming it will get better for her once she's older. She also lays beautiful dark brown eggs. Her and Miriams names come from some of my favorite books of the Bible.
Pictures:

Name: Sweet Pea
Breed: Black Australorp
Hatch day: June 1st, 2016
Info: Sweet Pea was hatched on the same day as Hadassah, she is really a miracle chick because she came out of a cracked egg that I sealed with candle wax before incubation. We bought shipped hatched eggs from a breeder. She is a really sweet little hen and I am so thankful that I gave her a chance and she made it!
Pictures:

Name: Cora
Breed: Crele English Orpington
Hatch date: July 4th, 2016
Info: Her and and her two hatch 'sisters,' Arabella and Sotski, are fourth of July babies! I hatched them from shipped eggs. They are all pretty hyper wild things and they love to free range and try to eat all the cat's food. I warn them that they'll start to bald from all the extra protein in the catfood but they don't listen, but we all know who will be laughing if their heads do bald. Hehe
Pictures:

Look at Cora's golden eyebrows!:

Name: Arabella
Breed: Orpington/ Leghorn Cross
Hatch day: July 4th, 2016
Picture:

Name: Sotski
Breed: Aruacana
Hatch day: July 4th, 2016
Picture:

Name: Lil' Cheeks
Breed: White Aruacana
Hatch day: April 28th, 2016
Info: She is a really sweet little girl I got from a feed store, and just look at those cheeks!!!!
Pictures:

That's about my flock, as long as I'm not forgetting anybody. They are all really sweet chickens each with their own personalities. I am so blessed to call them mine. Everyday I'll post a few baby pictures of one of these chickens to make this thread a little more interesting, well, till I run out of chickens that is! Since they were so cute as babies! Except I won't have any of Edwina since I got her at 12 weeks old and that is the only baby picture of Padmé I have. I hope you enjoy these pictures and reading about my girls! =)

Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy them! I love your avatar, that's from Calvin and Hobbes, right?

Very nice photos, good pictures of all your birds! You have a very pretty mixed flock and I enjoyed seeing them.

(Yes, my avatar is Calvin...always loved that comic strip.)

Very nice photos, good pictures of all your birds! You have a very pretty mixed flock and I enjoyed seeing them.

(Yes, my avatar is Calvin...always loved that comic strip.)

Thank you so much! Yes, I love all the variety in my breeds. I also love taking pictures of them, I literally have two memory cards full of pretty much nothing but Chicken pictures. They are just so cute!

Here are the baby pictures for today, pictures of Hadassah. Wasn't she so adorable???

Here she is the day she hatched, still slightly damp and about to be moved to the warm brooder:

Here are some as she was growing up:

Here is a picture of her now:

Back
Top Bottom