Please help!

chix196

In the Brooder
Jul 10, 2015
Michigan
I have a gold laced wyodotte and her crop is about the size of a medium sized lemon and she is making gagging motions!! she is still mounting but I don't think that has much to do with it. What do I do?

No there is no smell, I gave her a small amount of vegetable oil and massaged her crop for about five minutes and she's walking a little and not gagging so much and her tail is pointed back up. she is also trying to find little to pick up and eat

Hmm....i was thinking sour crop...but without a smell, i dont think it is...it could of just been impacted crop. Massaging is a good idea. If she gets a hard rock crop again. massage it like you did. It sounds like impacted crop to me, so massaging should help her.

I hope she gets better, Welcome to BYC! and best of luck! :)

Quote:
No problem, happy to help :) Well, i would not give her food until the impacted crop goes..just until you think she is back to normal. The best thing you can do is give her plenty of water, providing some poultry grit would be good to...to break down the blockage... and massage her crop will more than likely help. Im not 100% sure its impacted crop, but thats the only thing that fits the symptoms that you have provided :)

Back
Top Bottom