Tornado survivor!

nkiwndrmom

In the Brooder
May 7, 2016
Hello, we live in Tennessee and on Nov. 30th an EF 3 tornado came through our county! My home and property has lots of damage but all in all we came through unscathed! I have 16 hens and 3 roosters who were locked in their coops thank goodness and survived! All of them! :) Our neighbors behind us were not so lucky and lost their home and barn as well as tbeir cattle and all of their chickens! Well I found a young chicken this morning, cold wet and scared. I caught it and put it in a dog crate with food water and a nice clean dry area to rest! I text her and she said it is one of their game chickens! They lost all their coops so we are keeping it. I'm new to chicken owning since April and only have hens for laying! What exactly are game chickens and what should I know? The pic is not the best and i wasnt able to clean the crate before I put it in there. It was just dirt and leaves from bouncing all around my yard during the storm. Its young still I believe! I think no matter what it deserves a long happy life considering what it has been through!

Thank you! What is the difference in game chickens and laying chickens? Also how do I know if its a hen or a roo?

Treat her the same as you're other hens. If you get to keep her, she will probably prove to be a great broody hen. You couldn't find a better mother hen to teach chicks the ways of chicken life.

Back
Top Bottom