Our Peking duck laid a double yolk egg!!!

LuckyDucksInn

In the Brooder
Oct 21, 2016
So excited to have cracked open a larger than normal duck egg from our Peking Vicki...found it to be a double yolk...sooo excited!!! I feel like Caroline Engels from Little House on the Prairie hehe
love.gif

So excited to have cracked open a larger than normal duck egg from our Peking Vicki...found it to be a double yolk...sooo excited!!! I feel like Caroline Engels from Little House on the Prairie hehe :love
Very nice (but I feel a bit bad for the girl that laid it
1f609.png
)! My ducks aren't laying right now...sure wish they would. Enjoy those delicious-looking eggs!

Once my poor khaki campbell laid a MONSTER double yolker.... I couldnt believe the size, and they lay big eggs already!

Last edited:
They were delicious! Do you know if laying double yolk eggs is a common thing? It was such a delightful surprise
ya.gif

A triple
ep.gif
How cool is that!! If the double yolk was fertilized and incubated would there have been 2 babies in the one egg??

WOW! The picture above compares her regular size egg to the double yolker...soo fun to experience the surprise and then enjoy the tasty meal!!

A triple :eek: How cool is that!! If the double yolk was fertilized and incubated would there have been 2 babies in the one egg??
Yes, there could potentially be two chicks or ducklings in a fertilized double-yolker; people have reported that they've hatched them, but it doesn't seem like it's usually successful.

What are you making with your duck eggs? I have to live vicariously, since I'm getting none. :gig

Back
Top Bottom