***UK RESIDENTS - BIRD FLU ADVICE***

Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no...

I'm moving to the UK in January, what am I gonna do? They'll never let me bring in the duccos now!!

This is a very worrying problem to all poultry keepers. I only have four birds in the back garden that usually free range for about 4 hours then go back in their run. Does this mean they have to stay inside their coop or stay inside their run. Not quite sure,.The run has a roof on it so no wild bird droppings.

This is a very worrying problem to all poultry keepers. I only have four birds in the back garden that usually free range for about 4 hours then go back in their run. Does this mean they have to stay inside their coop or stay inside their run. Not quite sure,.The run has a roof on it so no wild bird droppings.

There's a lot of info on the link I posted - I would suggest as long as wild birds can't come into contact with yours you could be ok if you keep everything well disinfected etc, I'm moving mine into the garage to be on the safe side

Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no...

I'm moving to the UK in January, what am I gonna do? They'll never let me bring in the duccos now!!

Oh no! When in January do you arrive? The advice is currently in place for 30 days, so should be set to end at the beginning of Jan?

There's a lot of info on the link I posted - I would suggest as long as wild birds can't come into contact with yours you could be ok if you keep everything well disinfected etc, I'm moving mine into the garage to be on the safe side

Oh no! When in January do you arrive? The advice is currently in place for 30 days, so should be set to end at the beginning of Jan?

I sure hope they hold that deadline, cuz the flight is on January 18th. Gah, they're gonna hold them in quarantine forever, I just know it ._.

Thank you for the links rach- very helpful. I've decided to move all 12 ducks into the garage, and cover up the chickens run with a clear tarp. I really hope it doesn't reach the UK.

Amykins, I'm sure you will be fine bringing the ducks with you- the guidelines are only in place to try and prevent the migrating birds from spreading it to domestic poultry.

My babies are on lock down now for 30 days. I'm not risking it. They're gonna dislike it though. They love free ranging
1f622.png

This is a nightmare-I actually had no idea as I don't usually watch the news its just my mum happened to tell me-but didn't say it was for chickens only turkeys so i forgot about it! Then my friends told me it's all poultry as they know i keep chickens and ducks. Such a worry. I don't have a roof on my pen so will have to keep them indoors completely-but the henhouse is brick so they will be completely safe I should think from any wild birds. Still worrying though and of course my birds will hate it being shut up. Honestly I would never keep chickens or ducks again, it was the worst thing I ever did before all this! The expense and worry is just not worth it.

Amykins, I'm sure you will be fine bringing the ducks with you- the guidelines are only in place to try and prevent the migrating birds from spreading it to domestic poultry.

@Amykins , @chickygirl7 makes a very good point!

Back
Top Bottom