acting odd

imsmith

Hatching
Oct 14, 2016
I have a aracauna that is about 8 mo. she is standing erect, is all fluffed out, and squatting down kind of. It is kinda cold here by calif standards low 40s. Have not been able to catch here. Thanks for any help.

First of all Welcome to BYC!!!.Try catching her on the perch at night.Unfortunately im going to need more info.

Is she laying?

Is She drinking/eating?

Does her foot have a inflammation or any sign of bumble foot?

Did you check her for mites/lice?

Thanks so much for your response.
Believe the issue has resolved itself...found an egg of hers this morning. It was her first. I am as much a newbie at this as she was. Since the other hens had stopped laying for the season and she is so young thought it was unlikely that would be the issue.
Again thanks for being there. No doubt that I will need your help in the future.

Thanks so much for your response.
Believe the issue has resolved itself...found an egg of hers this morning. It was her first. I am as much a newbie at this as she was. Since the other hens had stopped laying for the season and she is so young thought it was unlikely that would be the issue.
Again thanks for being there. No doubt that I will need your help in the future.

Yep.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom