Ducks and bird flu lock down

Gembo100

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 3, 2014
Hi I'm in the U.K. And we've been advised to keep fowl in away from wild birds for 30 days, this isn't a problem as I have a large walk in run all fenced off but I'm concerned about my two ducks (half runner half khakis breed) will they be OK health wise if they can't access their swimming pool? I'm thinking maybe if I put a washing up bowl in the coop so they can dip their heads in but need advise if not swimming will harm them? Thanks guys x

I think a washing up bowl will do the job just fine, as long as they can dunk their heads and maybe use a little bit of the water to preen themselves. I'm giving mine a washing up bowl too and hoping they don't splash it in my garage too much!
fl.gif

Thanks, yes I don't think the chickens will be impressed, they all share a run together and conflict of interests where chickens like things dry ha ha

Hi,

I too have a flock of 12 ducks which are in my garage. I am giving them just a standard 5L waterer, but I'm letting them out once a day to have a supervised swim in the trugs (which I empty, disinfect and store afterwards).

What is everyone else doing to keep them occupied? I've got mine in a largish pen with a really deep carpet of chopped straw, so I scattter mealworms and wheat to keep them active and busy with their foraging.

I've given them a washing up bowl as well as their usual drinking water, they're making a lot of noise to be let out bless them, going to give them peas and mealworms later x good luck everyone on keeping our birds safe and happy

Back
Top Bottom