Broody duck unfertilized eggs....

duckinlovin

In the Brooder
Jan 10, 2016
Omaha ne
So my little girl mallard has produced 28 eggs. She has been broody for the past month. She has posted up in my closet ! God love her and her momma instincts but how do I break it to her that they will not turn into chicadeeees?! I don't want to just take them away and traumatize her( she is my pet and not used for producing eggs). Any suggestions?!

Take them away because they are going to go rotten and smell! Replace them with fake eggs, golf balls usually work. She'll eventually give up on them, but the laying eggs and brooding may continue after that.

Take them away because they are going to go rotten and smell! Replace them with fake eggs, golf balls usually work. She'll eventually give up on them, but the laying eggs and brooding may continue after that.
Yep and rotten eggs are NOT fun.... and in the house?
hide.gif

So my little girl mallard has produced 28 eggs. She has been broody for the past month. She has posted up in my closet ! God love her and her momma instincts but how do I break it to her that they will not turn into chicadeeees?! I don't want to just take them away and traumatize her( she is my pet and not used for producing eggs). Any suggestions?!
Take away eggs.......Her Belly needs to Cool in order to break her from trying to set eggs..........Same as with a Chicken Hen......

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom