New from PA, and looking for silkies:)

saragwyn

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2016
Pennsylvania
Hi,
I'm a new member from northeastern Pennsylvania. We love our chickens! Currently, we have a laying flock of Buff Orpingtons and Aracaunas, a precocious Sumatra, and a White Crested Black Polish. We also raise Scottish Highland Cattle.
We are currently looking for Silkies for my son's 4H poultry project. If anyone could recommend a reputable Silkie source in PA/NJ, we would be grateful.
Thanks
Sara

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
You may like to check out the "Silkie thread," and see if anyone is near you. You can also post on your state thread. Silkies are one of the most difficult breeds to sex before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they lay or crow. I would advise again buying young silkies if you absolutely do not want any cockerels.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Sara, thanks for joining us. Good luck finding the silkies you want and to your son with his 4-H project!

G’Day from down under saragwyn
frow.gif
Welcome!

Being in Aus I am unfortunately not able to help you with your Silkie search but see that others have given you some good starting points.

There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks on BYC so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures which feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom