So last night it was 10 degrees......

TerryH

Crowing
6 Years
Mar 12, 2016
NW Arkansas
My Coop
My Coop
And my chickens didn't die. :lol: lol...

They were romping around the run at the break of daylight like they didn't have a care in the world. Just saying....

Last edited:
Neighbor, this is a photo for several years back. It was 4 degrees above zero Fahrenheit when I took it. I open the poop door and let them decide whether to go out or stay in.

It was probably 12 F this morning by the time I let them out. They immediately all went out. The water was frozen solid in my black rubber water bowls so I knocked the water out, filled it with fresh water, and set those bowls in the sun. They’ll probably stay thawed all day. They did yesterday.

Neighbor, this is a photo for several years back. It was 4 degrees above zero Fahrenheit when I took it. I open the poop door and let them decide whether to go out or stay in.

It was probably 12 F this morning by the time I let them out. They immediately all went out. The water was frozen solid in my black rubber water bowls so I knocked the water out, filled it with fresh water, and set those bowls in the sun. They’ll probably stay thawed all day. They did yesterday.

:goodpost: I was just having a little fun with all those people that were freaking out on the forum because it was going to be 30 in their world. :) I had no doubt that mine would be fine.

Last edited:

So last night it was -3F. And 11 F in coop with pop door closed!

Top Pic: Yum warm food and water in the morning!
Bottom pic View of outside area.

Thank goodness for roofed run!

Avatar pic taken three days ago. They are out in the snow. No worries. I made them some suet and they get scratch before bed.

Back
Top Bottom