Hay Days: A Horse Thread

I'll make the first post.
I have been a rider since I was very young.
I started when I was 6. I got my first horse when I was 7.
I currently own 4 horses.

Patience is a 25 year old arabian.

Chess is a roan welsh sporthorse. He is 7. He is a extremely talented jumper but is also monumentally lazy. He is the most dangerous horse I've every seen on TV or in real life.
He is a stallion as well as a a welsh TB cross.

Remy is a registered american paint horse mare who is a barrel racing champion.
My best run on her was a 17.4 on a standard pattern.
She is a quirky mare who likes to bite! All great horses have problems.
She has hoof problems,

Magic is my newest horse. She is a 4 year old registered quarter horse.
She has amazing breeding, great conformation, perfect soundness, and is crazy athletic.
She is absolutely perfect in almost every way.
I am training her to be a barrel horse.

Wow!!! You have some VERY nice horses. Is Patience a purebred, or is she an Arabian cross?
I don't own any horses(we have no money or space), but have been taking some sort of lesson ever since I could hold reigns. It's pretty cold here now, so I've stopped for the winter, since my teacher doesn't have an indoor arena, but hope to resume in the spring.
@chicken19 what's your favorite breed? Mine is the Morgan.

I'm a horse addict as well. I would say that my favorite breed is the Friesian, but I greatly enjoy Thoroughbreds too. Currently I have 2 mares that both came off the track. Cha Cha is an 18 year old bay with a big white star and Pie is a 9 year old chestnut rabicano--which is pretty neat because I've never seen rabicano in person until her.

My future goal with horses is to purchase a Friesian colt and hopefully get him approved for breeding. For him to be approved he would have to go through a strict testing in which he will be judged on his character and abilities to perform undersaddle and in harness. I may breed my 2 TBs mares for personal riding horses. I love dressage and enjoy the challenges it presents and I also very much enjoy the process of foaling out mares and seeing your foals grow and develop.

Great thread, thanks for starting it!

Patience is a purebred arabian but she's not papered.
My horse's aren't expensive but I work hard with them and don't flip horses.
My favourite breed is quarter horse, they are so athletic and versatile.

Today I rode my horse Chess, who is very fat and unfit right now.
We did a western dressage practice. Circles, straight lines, turns on the hind quarters, etc.
He got all sweaty on the canter work and his sweat frozen he looked like a ice horse.
I brushed him down and he was Ok though.

Friesians are really cool.
I really want one someday. They look so comfortable, gorgeous, smart and athletic.

We did a western dressage practice. Circles, straight lines, turns on the hind quarters, etc.
He got all sweaty on the canter work and his sweat frozen he looked like a ice horse.

I really want one someday. They look so comfortable, gorgeous, smart and athletic.
Nice. Had he been on vacation for a while?

Nice. Had he been on vacation for a while?

I ride him every other day but he still doesn't burn calories!

Back
Top Bottom