Bereaved gander

Goose lady

Hatching
Jan 11, 2017
I have kept geese for a number of years and I now only have 2. Unfortunately in the afternoon of New Years Day my female goose was attacked by a fox. I found her in a ditch nearby and she died that night.
My gander who is about 8 years old is now bereaved. He has stopped eating, has become weak and today will not stand up. I have kept him in a safe place in a stable whilst I make his outdoor life safer. I have tried putting him on the grass to see if that will perk him up but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I would like to find one or two Brecon buff females to see if this would do the trick. Does anyone have any available within a 20 mile radius of Bourton on the Water GL54?

I have kept geese for a number of years and I now only have 2. Unfortunately in the afternoon of New Years Day my female goose was attacked by a fox. I found her in a ditch nearby and she died that night.
My gander who is about 8 years old is now bereaved. He has stopped eating, has become weak and today will not stand up. I have kept him in a safe place in a stable whilst I make his outdoor life safer. I have tried putting him on the grass to see if that will perk him up but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I would like to find one or two Brecon buff females to see if this would do the trick. Does anyone have any available within a 20 mile radius of Bourton on the Water GL54?
@Goose lady I am so sorry for your loss and for your gander now grieving that is so sad.. I know mine would be heart broken if something happened to his mate.

Where is Bourton on the Water GL54? we do have a sell thread for out of the country if you scroll down a ways. The goose thread doesn't get much visits this time of year. I'd place a mirror in with your gander till your able to get him some new ladies. Make sure he can't cut himself on it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16190/outside-of-u-s-other-countries-should-list-bst-items-here

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. We're in the Cotswolds. I have put a mirror in with him this morning. I think he may perk up if I find him s new lady.

Thank you for your reply. We're in the Cotswolds. I have put a mirror in with him this morning. I think he may perk up if I find him s new lady.
I hope you can find him one. I had to look up Cotswolds it sounds like a really nice place, maybe you can post some ads around town or village and let folks know your interested in a female or 2.

Back
Top Bottom