First Time Candling/Incubating Quails

hailstorm97

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2017
Midwest
So after arriving to me from shipping halfway across the states during terrible weather this January, to being my first batch of anything AT ALL, and being in my own home-made incubator, every single one of my eggs is looking like this:

Good sign? :)

Last edited:
Has anyone else had any luck hatching quails in a home made incubator? I'm kind of interested to see if theres any like mine. I'm super excited! All this has awakened a very creative, caring, and inventive side of me :) also I have a VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION- I set my eggs monday the 9th at 7 pm. Some would say tuesday at 7 would be the start of day 2, and some say an egg is not a day old until after 24 hours in the incubator. Which is it? It seems like it's always explained differently by each person. The question is, in other words, how old are my eggs as of 7 pm Jan 14?

On Jan 14th at 7pm your eggs will be 5 days. The day you set them is day 0 and day 1 is counted after a full 24 hours of incubation. So setting on a Monday will make Tuesday at 7pm day 1, Wednesday at 7pm will be day 2 and so on.....

Back
Top Bottom