Sep 28, 2016
[/IMG]
Pearl

[/IMG]
GG

[/IMG]
Mary Jane

Last edited:
I can't see the comb well on the first bird, but if it's a rose comb he's a Colombian Wyandotte cockerel.

Second bird is an Easter egger pullet

third bird, can't see leg color well but if they're white/pink she's a buff Orpington.

I think they are all mixed breeds

First is a rooster, no doubt.

Second is an Easter Egger...possibly from Araucana blood as it looks to have some ear tufting

Third looks like a mixed breed possibly with some Buff Orpington in it.

It may be the photo blur, but I would check your birds for scaly leg mites, especially the buff colored bird.

LofMc

I can't see the comb well on the first bird, but if it's a rose comb he's a Colombian Wyandotte cockerel. 

third bird, can't see leg color well but if they're white/pink she's a buff Orpington. 

Pearl (first one) doesn't have a comb.

I think they are all mixed breeds

First is a rooster, no doubt.

Second is an Easter Egger...possibly from Araucana blood as it looks to have some ear tufting

Third looks like a mixed breed possibly with some Buff Orpington in it.

It may be the photo blur, but I would check your birds for scaly leg mites, especially the buff colored bird.

LofMc

Posted these peeps many times checking gender. Pearl was determined pullet. Roughly 5-6 months now.

How are let mites detected? How to treat?

Posted these peeps many times checking gender. Pearl was determined pullet. Roughly 5-6 months now.

How are let mites detected? How to treat?

Is Pearl laying eggs? She has saddle feathers and sickle curl tail feathers of a rooster.

I'll post a photo and instruction article for scaly leg mites below. (Note, I personally wouldn't use the gasoline method. I've simply applied vaseline thickly for a number of weeks for success with moderate cases.)

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/03/scaly-leg-mites-in-chickens.html

LofMc

Only mama is laying. We were given mama and 9 chicks. I've posted several times and only one chick was deemed cockerel - Harvey. I agree that Pearl has the same feathers as Harvey but Pearl doesn't have a comb nor does Pearl crow.

Harvey

Harvey mounts mama but Pearl does not. We don't want chicks, only eggs. We agreed to keep him as long as Harvey is 'nice'. Do I need to worry about Pearl too?

Would you please post a photo of Pearl head on, she does have a bit of red(comb?) on top of beak - would like to see full extent. Also in two photos the side view of Buff Orp? shows the head looking odd like it was shaved down or maybe a mixed buff orp.

Mary Jane's (3rd) legs are feathery. Check on her leg color and reply.

Back
Top Bottom