MrPerkyJ

In the Brooder
Jan 18, 2017
Monterey Indiana
Hello all,

Don't have chickens yet. We're (DW pretty much just coaches) building our chicken coop. We live on 3 acres in a 1930 farm house. On the property we got a huge corn crib that I've turned one room into the laying room/sleeping room. Will be attaching a screened in room beside the crib with access from a slide door in the wall. Just finished up the hen boxes this evening.

welcome-byc.gif

Sounds like you're building a pretty unique coop...it would be nice to see a photo if you'd care to share. Have you decided what breed of chickens you're going to get?

It's nice to have you here!

Hello and Welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us!
ya.gif

Sounds interesting! I would love to see the finished product. Oh i bet you cant wait for your chickens, its love at first sight! Wether you get adults or chicks i hope you enjoy them.

Best wishes

Mustang

Hello and Welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us! :ya

Sounds interesting! I would love to see the finished product. Oh i bet you cant wait for your chickens, its love at first sight! Wether you get adults or chicks i hope you  enjoy them.

Best wishes 

Mustang

Here's what it looks like before paint

The backs are in the other room and I built hinged tops so we can get the eggs without actually getting in the coop

Wall before framing all the boxes

G’Day from down under MrPerkyJ
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom