Hatcheries?

Calendula

Songster
7 Years
Aug 15, 2014
I want to get some Orpingtons this upcoming spring. Preferably something other than buff, or at least a few different ones. :)
I will also be looking for some other breeds possibly. And, in the future, perhaps some more ducks.

Anyway, I'm looking around for hatcheries. What hatcheries do you know of? And maybe your opinion on them?

Thank you!

Meyer hatchery. They are located in ohio they have multiple kinds of orpingtons. Ive ordered about 3 orders of chciks from them. If any chicks die within 48 hrs you can replace the chicks or you can get your money back. They also have a good selection of ducks. All and all i hink they are great.

Thanks. :) I'm thinking I will do Meyer since they're the closest to me, so hopefully that would be less stressful on the chicks.

Closest hatchery is generally the best option. Some even let you go pick up your order rather than have them shipped.

I got my chicks from Meyer, everybody was nice and healthy, and they were shipped down to South Florida. They are very helpful on the phone. I would recommend them.

I used ideal poultry. I ordered a variety pack, and on shipping day, they called to tell me they only hatched two varieties that day. I would get 12 of one type, and 3 of another. I like that they gave me the choice to take it or leave it.

I was happy with their service, prices, the shipping fees, 15 minimum and their website was decent.

Back
Top Bottom