3 Great Hens Need Good Home_SW Idaho

ZuckermansFamousPig

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 13, 2007
SW Idaho
I need to re-home my perfectly sound, mixed breed flock. Looking for a home where they can continue a decent lifestyle for at least a few more years like they deserve. I've been wanting to re-home them anyway and now seems like a good time.
They are: 1 Red Star, 1 Barred Plymouth Rock, =both under 1 year old, hatched in April 2016. Both lay an egg a day. The Red Star's eggs are large. 1 Australorp, =3 years old (hatched 2013) still lays 3-4 eggs -usually more- weekly. None are currently molting. Hand-raised purebreds from Dunlap hatchery chicks.
Gentle, healthy, not loud or fussy, get along nicely together. Ordinarily used to roaming a few hours a day in summer around my fenced backyard, in winter they are used to being confined to a typical size hen house and outdoor pen. Red Star is tame.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
Wishing you best. I cant help you due to being 1000 miles away. I took in 2 hens this last fall. I only keep chickens as pets.
smile.png

Craigslist is just ppl looking for free chicken dinners. I'd like to at least try to find them a home first. These are young hens who don't deserve to be eaten.

FYI: Still available.

Back
Top Bottom