just joined

sahfarmmom

Hatching
Jan 23, 2017
Hi all! I just joined after reading around a bit.
I'm a stay at home mom with a farm dream that we're just beginning to bring to life.
My husband had a sudden career change last year. It allowed us to make a leap of faith and start a new lifestyle that'd we had always wanted. We moved to the country and started a farm/homestead.
So far we have a flock of 13 laying hens that we raised, plus 1 rooster, 3 Seramas (just for fun), as well as 2 ducks, some quail, 2 turkeys, a couple rabbits, and a couple goats. Oh, and an incubator full of eggs for the first time.
Everything is new to us and there's a lot to learn, but I'm loving it!
Google searches of my questions always lead me to BYC, so I figured I'd better create an account. I'll probably be more of a lurker than an active member but thought I'd say hi and introduce myself anyway.

Welcome to BYC - so glad you decided to join us!
Sounds like you jumped into the poultry adventure with both feet - I'm glad you've found BYC to be helpful in that and do hope we see more of you around here.

G’Day from down under sahfarmmom
frow.gif
Welcome!

Congratulations on realising your dream and good luck with the hatch.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Thanks for the welcome guys! I probably sound a bit crazy for starting so big. In my defense, this had been talked about for many years before we started.
I assure you, all the proper research has been done. All the pens, coops, and housing was finished before the each new addition came in.
Well, except the Seramas who followed me home from our local farm swap one day ;) Their pen and mini-coop was built while they were in quarantine

Back
Top Bottom