Looking forward to incubating my firs pea eggs this spring

LLranch

Chirping
Jan 15, 2017
I have kept and hatched chickens for about 15 years and had quail and ducks at different times. But I'm so excited this year my India blue peacock is three years old hoping he gets the job done with the ladies can hardly wait

Won't be long before we start getting eggs. Last year we got the first eggs the beginning of March.
End of March would be alright with me. Last year I had a hen that started in January and would not quit. I was out there every second night to gather the egg before it froze and set them once per week. Not one egg tried to develop, what a waste of time and effort. She better not do that this year or we are going to be eating a lot of pea eggs.

End of March would be alright with me.  Last year I had a hen that started in January and would not quit.  I was out there every second night to gather the egg before it froze and set them once per week.  Not one egg tried to develop, what a waste of time and effort.  She better not do that this year or we are going to be eating a lot of pea eggs.  
King Bee I see you are in the Flint Hills I got my peas two years ago from a guy in the Flint Hills name bill super nice guy

Won't be long before we start getting eggs. Last year we got the first eggs the beginning of March.

End of March would be alright with me.  Last year I had a hen that started in January and would not quit.  I was out there every second night to gather the egg before it froze and set them once per week.  Not one egg tried to develop, what a waste of time and effort.  She better not do that this year or we are going to be eating a lot of pea eggs.  

I have three hens that have been laying since the end of December! :mad:

I have kept and hatched chickens for about 15 years and had quail and ducks at different times. But I'm so excited this year my India blue peacock is three years old hoping he gets the job done with the ladies can hardly wait

Welcome to BYC!

Is it best to use an incubator then the first mating season or not ? I guess Im not to sure what to expect or best way to get a few baby pea chicks and not a lot of frozen eggs to make omelettes with Im guessing. If these birds are going to start laying in March like everyone is talking when is the best time to put them together?

Back
Top Bottom