Duck breed~and~Hatch~(along)

The Duck Ladie

Duck Addict
7 Years
Feb 23, 2016
Hello everyone!
My first round of breeding and hatching for this year has just begun! I put my magpies in their breeding pen today (since I don't want any "mutts") Their breeding pen is old tool desk, which I surrounded it with chain link, added a dog house, food, water, and chink wire over an opening in the top, and voila! I will post pics. later. Anyway Here's who will be breed this time around:
X =Pure-breed Magpie Ducklings. I'll have about 8 of these eggs in the incubator
Miel (Black Magpie drake) Cheri (Black Magpie Hen)
X + = Ancona Ducklings. I'll have about 16 of these eggs in the incubator.

Sherlock (Chocolate Ancona drake) Shirley (Brown ancona hen) Daffodil (Lilac Ancona Hen)

I might breed Sherlock to Jasper (my black runner) so that I will have chocolate girls and black boys, but I haven't decided. I appreciate your opinion, please give it

I bought a GQF Hovabator #1583 https://www.amazon.com/GQF-Hova-Bat...&qid=1485380272&sr=8-4&keywords=gqf+incubator
I seems to be working great. It ouch cheaper than other incubators. I doesn't come with a hygrometer ( Like a thermometer, but it measures humidity) Which is vital, so I bought this https://www.amazon.com/IncuThermTM-...r=8-3&keywords=incubator+warehouse+hygrometer
Even when I bought that, It was still cheaper than most incubators. I also got this handy little gadget https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KCKNYCY?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_3
Works GREAT!

I will start collecting eggs on March 1st. Hatching date is April 4th.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

If you are breeding/hatching right now feel free to join in!

Can't wait to see you!

Last edited:
Come on @dan26552 Show me your eggs!
tongue.png
By the way Dan, I know you said you don't know what's in the eggs, that you didn't mind mutts. But I'm wondering what could be in there? What kinds of drakes and hens do you have?

Hello, I have 19 Duck eggs in my incubator....Started them on Tuesday . They are Mixed Breed Ducks....Welsh/Buff cross and Welsh/Saxony........I love Mixed Ducks, pure bred Ducks.......

Best of Luck!

Cheers!
thumbsup.gif
So your hatch date is Feb 20th?
Good Luck! I think I am going to cross my black magpie and my black runner....

Hello, I have 19 Duck eggs in my incubator....Started them on Tuesday . They are Mixed Breed Ducks....Welsh/Buff cross and Welsh/Saxony........I love Mixed Ducks, pure bred Ducks.......

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

:thumbsup  So your hatch date is Feb 20th?
Good Luck! I think I am going to cross my black magpie and my black runner....

Yep, mine are due around February 20th.....

The cross your going to do will be cute! They all are!

Cheers!

Alright, it seems we have a good start. The Chocolate ancona drake has started, The Black Magpie hasn't, but he's doing courtship displays, so good start!

Yep.......Hope you get the breeding and eggs your hoping for..........

Best of luck.......
frow.gif
Yeah, I hope so to. I'm not sure if my black magpie will go for the black runner. I never seen him. But I think He'll go for the magpie girl at least. Well, I am pretty sure I will have ancona ducklings...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom