Twins?? Surely not?

mustangrooster

Songster
Mar 2, 2016
A little on the crazy side.
So i Candled all 13 eggs that are on different stages and there are doing good.

This egg has me thinking, i candled at a early stage and i swore i saw 2 embryos, but i thought "of course not" because i candled all eggs before i set them to make sure i didn't have any double yolkers.

I candled last night and saw two figures moving, again this morning i checked and it does look like twins!! Uh oh!

The camera does not pick up any light (and its a dark shell) so its hard to see them on the pics, otherwise its clear as daylight. Is it possible for two embryos to develop on one yolk??

Help???

Last edited:
I have 3 that go into lockdown tomorrow, possible duck eggs on day 3-4 a couple of eggs on day 11 one on day 15 and the rest in between. And now possible twins....im amazed by it but unsure of what to do.

ETA: There was also another egg which i was pretty sure had twins but it died.

Last edited:
I have 3 that go into lockdown tomorrow, possible duck eggs on day 3-4 a couple of eggs on day 11 one on day 15 and the rest in between. And now possible twins....im amazed by it but unsure of what to do.

ETA: There was also another egg which i was pretty sure had twins but it died.
Do you have a separate hatcher?

Yes i have a separate hatcher, but its a old one, so on lockdown i'll keep the 3 eggs in the new 'bator and put the other eggs in the old one...

Was about to throw away the egg i thought was dead, candled it, saw one embryo on one side of the egg, and another on the other side of the egg...thats two eggs with supposedly twins. I just need to know how to get a clear photo for proof
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom