Error Uploading Pictures From Chromebook

micah wotring

Crowing
Apr 6, 2015
WV boy here!
Some images failed to upload:
stories.webp - The file type being uploaded is not allowed.

You can try re-selecting them and uploading them again.

Sorry if this has been answered before someplace but I couldn't find it if it has. I'm on a chrome book using google chrome. I have tried JPG, jpg, jpeg, webp, and png. I've also tried 're-selecting' (basically re-doing the entire process)

I am using the small icon with the mountains and the sun in it in what I believe is called the rich text editor (whatever is default).

Hopefully I am providing all of the necessary information for somebody to help me with my problem. Is there a different file type that works or is it not that simple?

Thanks everybody!

Y'all (BYC) are awesome!

Make it a great day

~Micah

BTW, I know this is an old thread but I found an article that said to ask any questions here. And I noticed several 'BYC savvy' people had posted here and might get a notification of my post.

Thanks again!

~MW

Hi @micah wotring , thanks for the details!

It sounds like you're doing everything properly. Have you tried a single image vs. multiple images?

Are any other users with chromebooks having similar issues?

Hi @micah wotring , thanks for the details!

It sounds like you're doing everything properly. Have you tried a single image vs. multiple images?

Are any other users with chromebooks having similar issues?
Thank YOU for yer help!

I have and it shows the same three lines just multiple times(one per image).
It worked earlier (like week or two ago) but started doing this for me recently.
I do know that the Chrome Book interface has changed but maybe they changed something else on them too?

Have you tried uploading a different file type?

I see in your first post it says ~

Have you tried uploading a different file type?

I see in your first post it says ~

I have tried JPG, jpg, jpeg, webp, and png. I've also tried 're-selecting' (basically re-doing the entire process)

Thanks tho! Any other ideas?

I've got to go now but I'll try again and see what it says soon.

Wow, @Yorkshire Coop , I TOTALLY missed that very important bit about "stories.webp"

bow.gif

Ya, there's definitely something odd going on with the filename or filetype!

Back
Top Bottom