Black/Blue/Splash Mottled Cochin Bantam & Frizzle Cochin Bantam Hatching Eggs in Texas

WallabyOfChaos

Songster
10 Years
Mar 17, 2012
Texas Panhandle
My Coop
My Coop
009 (1024x820).jpg 031 (800x639).jpg 038 (1024x824).jpg 080 (1024x821).jpg 059 (1024x818).jpg 025 (800x640).jpg 124 (1024x819).jpg Blue Mottled Hen (1024x815).jpg 040 (800x640).jpg
Description
Fresh, fertile hatching eggs from our purebred flock of Black Mottled, Blue Mottled, Splash Mottled Cochin bantam and Frizzle Cochin bantam chickens. I test for fertility weekly and so far the hens are laying well and fertility is looking great! These beautiful little birds are very docile and make excellent pets. The hens are good setters and are reliable layers of small tinted to light brown eggs. Cochin bantams have a phenomenal mothering ability and are a popular choice among many breeders for use as foster mothers to other breeds and types of fowl. Our flock includes Black Mottled, Black Mottled Frizzle, Blue Mottled, Blue Mottled Frizzle, and Splash Mottled Frizzle hens covered by Black Mottled and Blue Mottled roosters. All of our Frizzles are always paired with smooth-feathered mates. Chicks hatched from these eggs will be Mottled - either Black, Blue, or Splash. My Frizzle hens are currently penned with my smooth-feathered birds, so I cannot guarantee that you will or will not have any Frizzle chicks in your hatch. Also, I cannot guarantee the ratio of colors that you may hatch, nor can I guarantee that you will or will not hatch any chicks of a specific color.

Pricing
6+ eggs.................$24.00
12+ eggs...............$40.00
Prices include Priority shipping with Delivery Confirmation and Insurance shipped anywhere in the 48 contiguous U.S. states. I cannot ship internationally, nor can I ship to any of the U.S. protectorates.

Extra Egg Policy
I try to include 1 extra egg per 3 eggs purchased. This means a 6-egg order would ship with 2 extra eggs, a 12-egg order would have 3 extras, and so on. Extra eggs are included to help offset any damages that your eggs may incur during shipping, such as cracked or broken eggs, severely detached air cells, or other damages or exposure that may render an egg infertile or un-hatchable. Extra eggs will be included only if they are available at shipping time.

Payment
Please send me a PM for my PayPal information. If you do not use PayPal just send a message and we will work something out.

Shipping & Handling
Eggs are collected following cleared payment and will ship as soon as the number of eggs you purchased has been accumulated. Eggs are collected several times daily, placed on an auto-turner, and kept at 55 to 60 degrees until shipping time; and your eggs will be 3 days old or less on shipping day. As I collect the eggs, I mark the date they were laid on their ends in pencil and I only send the most fresh. If for any reason the hens stop laying the buyer will be contacted as soon as possible to arrange a new shipping date, or a refund. I do not wash eggs as this can greatly decrease their hatchability, and since chickens don't wipe their feet before they use the nest box there may be some smudges on some of your eggs. I never ship excessively dirty/filthy eggs. I do not use heat packs as they may cause the eggs to become too hot during shipping, and may even cause the eggs to start developing while in transit. With this in mind, please be aware of the weather conditions in your area and buy accordingly. Orders of 6 or more purchased eggs will be double-boxed. Inside, each egg will be carefully wrapped in new bubble wrap and nestled securely in new Styrofoam packing peanuts in the inner box, and the inner box will be packed securely inside the outer box in a bed of insulating, shock absorbing Styrofoam packing peanuts. All packing materials used are new - I do not reuse packing from other eggs for biosecurity reasons. Boxes will be clearly marked as "Fragile" and "Do Not Freeze" only,with clearly marked arrows to show which side is "up" unless buyer requests they be marked otherwise. Every precaution will be made to help ensure that you receive fresh, fertile eggs but unfortunately I cannot be responsible for rough handling or delays by the postal service.

Local pickup is available, but please bring your own egg carton.

About Hatch Rates of Shipped Eggs
Buying hatching eggs to be shipped is a risk. It is not uncommon for hatch rates on shipped eggs to be 50% or less. As such, due to circumstances far beyond my control including but not limited to rough handling, exposure, or delays during shipping, and your incubating and hatching conditions or techniques, I cannot guarantee your hatch rates. By making a purchase, the buyer understands and acknowledges the risk involved in shipping hatching eggs and will not hold the seller liable for postal delays, egg infertility and/or poor hatch rates.

Our flock has been tested and is certified Pullorum-Typhoid free by the State of Texas.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask!​

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! I have just started getting into bantams and these are absolute dolls! I love them! Beautiful birds!

Where in Texas are you? I'm bummed I missed the 2017 season but I'd be very interested in the 2018 season!!!! I'd prefer to do pick up if I can instead of shipping

Back
Top Bottom