Ameraucana hens in need of retirement home-NW AR

MrsBachbach

Songster
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
Arkansas
Hi,

I have two older Ameraucana hens, a black and a blue, looking for a caring home. Both the sweetest of hens, non aggressive. They don't move around much as each has an issue, so they would likely do ok in a chicken yard although they are used to being let out. One has a limp and has had it since last summer, so she is a little slow getting to treats and such, but she sure makes the effort. I've checked the leg and foot and can find nothing wrong. The other has a cataract in one eye(pupil) so her eyesight isn't keen anymore. She still finds the water, and the feed troughs, but like the other, can't get to treats before the others. She walks around, peering out of her one good eye. Both of these hens like to roost together on the lowest roost. Both layed eggs last year too, but haven't really started yet, although I did find one on the ground under the roost they use last week. They will eat out of your hand and are sweet girls. I have too many to care for and would like someone who has a caring heart and a safe area for them.

I am very interested in your hens. My daughter would like to have some hens for the grandchildren to have around the house. She has a safe coop and they would be able to free range during the day. She is in the Winslow area. If they are available, please contact me at [email protected]. Thank you.

Fyi, these girls are 3 and 4 yrs old, so still plenty of life in them. Also, one girl's comb is turning bright red so I think she is getting close to start laying again. Still available.

Back
Top Bottom