Hello, New Member in Chicagoland

ChiTownJavas

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2017
Evergreen Park, IL
Hi all! I've been a lurker on this site for a while and finally decided to join. I am trying to get chickens legalized in my village of Evergreen Park and decided being a more active member of the community would be a great way to start.

My experience with chickens comes from working at the Garfield Farm Museum in LaFox, IL. (https://www.facebook.com/GarfieldFarmMuseum/) They have a decent sized flock of Black and White Javas and are working towards the conservation of the breed.

Thanks for your time!

welcome-byc.gif
Great to have another poultry lover!

Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. You could try posting on the Illinois thread to see if others will rally 'round you. Just put "Illinois" in the search box and it will come up.

The Museum of Science & Industry always has Java eggs hatching. It's the first place I head for when out there. I understand a Java breeder lets them use his eggs - then collects the chicks and brings new eggs for their exhibit.

Just took your advice and posted in Illinois. Hopefully, I can find some people nearby. Those Javas are actually from Garfield Farm Museum. It makes me so happy when people know about the chicks at MSI :) It's a fun day when the little white van with MSI's logo pulls up to take the cartons of eggs for incubation. There is another breeder MSI uses as well, a museum volunteer, because he now focuses on Auburn Javas whereas the museum focuses on Black and White.

G’Day from down under ChiTownJavas
frow.gif
Welcome!

Best wishes on changing the ordinances.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Thank you everyone for the warm well wishes! Very excited to find such a wonderful community. @N F C thank you for the link. I've got my work cut out for me with this council so I'll need all the guidance I can get.

Back
Top Bottom