Injured American Buff goose

rachelsbantams

Hatching
Apr 18, 2016
Hi folks,
My American Buff female, Claire, got her bill stuck in some plastic shelving this morning. The result was a significant bill injury on both the top of her bill and underneath it. There was a fair bit of blood and she's been subdued today (not surprising). While she's eaten some greens - chopped kale, she's not been grazing ( we're in N. FL and our grass is still green!). I'm concerned about infection, wound dressing, and feeding. Any advice would be most welcome.

Hi folks,
My American Buff female, Claire, got her bill stuck in some plastic shelving this morning. The result was a significant bill injury on both the top of her bill and underneath it. There was a fair bit of blood and she's been subdued today (not surprising). While she's eaten some greens - chopped kale, she's not been grazing ( we're in N. FL and our grass is still green!). I'm concerned about infection, wound dressing, and feeding. Any advice would be most welcome.
@rachelsbantams first off clean the wound with some salty warm water then put some ACV into their drinking water when my gander put a nice size hole in his bill I did this procedure and he healed with out any trouble but it was only top bill. Use 1/2 teaspoon of salt to 2 cups of water to rinse. then use 2 Tab of Apple cider vinegar to 1 gallon of water for her to clean her bill and face. Honestly it hardly has any taste of vinegar and it will not sting. It's also used as a tonic for our birds and us. You could try antibiotic ointment not sure how long it would stay on with the way they clean their faces. Nothing with pain relief ending with caine.

Back
Top Bottom