hatching peahen eggs??

Oisin

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2016
Ireland
i have been keeping peafowl now for a few years keeping them in large open pens to stop them from running away. the hens hatch eggs every year but this year i am getting a brinsea incubator so i can keep colleccting the eggs to keep my hens laying so i as wondering whats the right temperture and humidy and when the eggs should be on lock down. In short i just want to know everything about incubting peahen eggs thanks

Congratulations! You can not buy a better incubator than the Brinsea. I switched to the 380 last year and my hatch rate went way up and I attribute that to the humidity pump. You can set the humidity to 55% and as long as you don't run out of water it will stay there the entire cycle.

I pull my eggs out on day 23 and put them in the hatcher that I keep at 75%. It is rare that I have hatching problems but with nature anything can happen.

I received an email this last week about a sale at Brinsea, you can get an additional 10% off when you use the code 'President' when checking out. The sale started on the 17th and runs this week and is on top of the sale prices already going on. Then starting March 1st they are having another sale for 20% selected incubators, the ova series I think. I am ordering a second 380 for this season hoping to keep up with 50 peahens.

You might want to check out the 'stickies' for much more information on incubating and a quick search will bring up the subject in a lot of helpful threads. Hope you have a productive season!

Congratulations!  You can not buy a better incubator than the Brinsea.  I switched to the 380 last year and my hatch rate went way up and I attribute that to the humidity pump.  You can set the humidity to 55% and as long as you don't run out of water it will stay there the entire cycle.

I pull my eggs out on day 23 and put them in the hatcher that I keep at 75%.  It is rare that I have hatching problems but with nature anything can happen.

I received an email this last week about a sale at Brinsea, you can get an additional 10% off when you use the code 'President' when checking out.  The sale started on the 17th and runs this week and is on top of the sale prices already going on.  Then starting March 1st they are having another sale for 20% selected incubators, the ova series I think.  I am ordering a second 380 for this season hoping to keep up with 50 peahens.

You might want to check out the 'stickies' for much more information on incubating and a quick search will bring up the subject in a lot of helpful threads.  Hope you have a productive season!

Good answer @KsKingBee,
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Gerald Barker

I've raised peacocks since 1978. The short answer to your question is if you know how to successfully hatch chickens then you already know how to hatch peacocks. About the only difference is that they take 28 days compared to the chickens 21. Many times I hatched them side by side in the same incubator. Good luck. Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom