I am in doubt of her breed .. hoping Alpine ...HELP!!!!!

dawnandjimmy

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2017
Buchanan.ga

Tan goat we purchased and was told not sure on breed but to us she has a lot of not all Alpine in her..My black Alpine buck is pictured..Also, when we bought her she looked really skinny and underfed we are getting her on track with her weight gain and to top it off we found out she is pregnant!! Any suggestions and advice would be helpful. have only had the 2 bucks for a year..Got them as bottle babies at 24 hours old. So still kinda new to raising and always learning something new everyday....

She does not look Alpine to me. That is not a typical Alpine color. She may be a Saanen cross.

When we went to pick her up they had all types of breeds with her so ain't no tellin what her babies are going to be crossed with if she is also crossed but they will still be cute! Will I have a hard time selling the baby?

I agree, doesn't look to be an Alpine, but perhaps a Saanen cross. :) I wouldn't think you should have much difficulty selling the kid(s)....people are always looking for pet goats, and they don't care if they're purebred or mixes. Just make sure when you are selling them you say that they are mixed. :)

Back
Top Bottom