Using the MHP (Momma Heat Pad)

Awestruck

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2012
For those of you using the momma heat pad, I assume that is on the bottom of the place where the baby chicks are, correct? If so, do you put a covering over it to protect it from the chick droppings? (I would assume, yes). Can this heating pad be cleaned? What else do you put on the bottom of the bin? Thanks. Thanks again for all the help and insights.

For those of you using the momma heat pad, I assume that is on the bottom of the place where the baby chicks are, correct? If so, do you put a covering over it to protect it from the chick droppings? (I would assume, yes). Can this heating pad be cleaned? What else do you put on the bottom of the bin? Thanks. Thanks again for all the help and insights.

I use a heating pad sometimes and I sandwich it between two restaurant baking pans and slide this inside a bag so it don't get poop on it. I do like to put the heat over them in a tunnel type deal so it stays clean.

Last edited:
That thread has over 800 pages, so be sure to read some of the later posts as well. The "directions" evolved over the numerous posts due to information gleaned by trial and error. MHP is a great way to raise chicks so well worth the learning curve!

Back
Top Bottom