sexed bantams

crazy rooster34

Songster
May 28, 2016
does any hatchery sell sexed bantams, i know mypetchicken does but, its 14.39 for a cochin bantam, any hatchery at all, thanks

Yes, I would find someone who has some that are grown out. That is what I usually do myself. I buy or hatch a lot of chicks and sell some as day olds but others I grow out for about 4-6 weeks and sell them sexed (which obviously cost more than straight run day olds).

Yes, I would find someone who has some that are grown out. That is what I usually do myself. I buy or hatch a lot of chicks and sell some as day olds but others I grow out for about 4-6 weeks and sell them sexed (which obviously cost more than straight run day)
how much do you normally sell them for

how much do you normally sell them for

It all depends on if they are mixed breed or pure. I am getting 25 OEG bantams from ideal this week for $42 shipped so even if I sell them at $3 straight run and $5 sexed 4-6 week olds I still make a profit, even counting feed costs. Not a lot of people sell bantams around here so I can usually sell them quick and not have to lowering prices to be competitive.

Yes, I would find someone who has some that are grown out. That is what I usually do myself. I buy or hatch a lot of chicks and sell some as day olds but others I grow out for about 4-6 weeks and sell them sexed (which obviously cost more than straight run day olds).

do you know any OEGB,Cochin, or Japanese or dutch bantam breeders in the KY or VA area

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom