GLW Rooster in need of rehoming in MO, Fenton area

HagenHens

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2016
Byrnes Mill, MO
We are looking for a home for our GLW rooster, Leo. We named him Leo after Leonardo DiCaprio because he is a handsome fella who is very diligent in his duties. Leo will be a year old the beginning of March. We purchased him thinking he was a she, but, obviously not. We have tried to hang on to him as long as possible because he is a beautiful rooster, but our city ordinance only allows us to keep roosters less than a year old. Since the start, he has been fed organic feed and allowed to free range as much as possible, BUT we are not interested in rehoming him to someone who plans to eat him.

We are new to keeping chickens so having Leo has been our only experience with roosters. In terms of his temperament, he does not seem to be aggressive toward people, meaning he does not go after our family members. He does have a favorite hen in our flock, the SLW (also almost 1 year old; seen in some of the pictures), I may be willing to part with her, as well, to the right home to make the transition easier. If you look closely at the pictures I have posted of him, he has some broken tail feathers. As I stated, he is allowed to free range and we do have predators so I'm not sure if he got into a scuffle; I have noticed hawks around my house recently. Sorry, but

no shipping.

I'm very happy to report that Leo found a new home with a lovely family on a 5 acre farm. He's surrounded by more than a dozen hens and he's the only fella. Lucky guy.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom