HELP! Found duck egg, possible double yolker/twins?

capemuscovies

In the Brooder
Feb 16, 2017
Cape Coral, FL

Long story short, I found a Muskovy duck egg on the pavement and took it home after the mother rejected it. The egg has been doing great for about three days now in my homemade incubator; wiggling, growing etc.

My problem is that I believe she may be a twin egg or double yolker. I can provide pictures, but upon candling this morning the egg seem to have two different tiny lifeforms. They wiggled around pretty independently, but I could possibly be seeing the body and head as one of the blobs was darker than the other ( even though I'm sure the neck could NOT stretch as far as to seemingly separate the blobs)?

Any advice? I am very new to hatching eggs; I have never done it before, though I have loved birds for my whole life.

:) thank you for the help!

Last edited:
Hello and :welcome

That sure does look like a double yolker...if they dont look like its joined then id say its a double yolker.

Are you up for this Journey? :D

Yes!! I'm super excited to possibly hatch them :) I'm shocked at how well they are doing, I don't have a proper incubator or ANY proper supplies, yet the growth in the egg is very obvious. When I candle them they dance around in different ways, so they are definitely alive ^^
Any idea of how old they could be?

Yes!! I'm super excited to possibly hatch them
smile.png
I'm shocked at how well they are doing, I don't have a proper incubator or ANY proper supplies, yet the growth in the egg is very obvious. When I candle them they dance around in different ways, so they are definitely alive ^^
Any idea of how old they could be?

Ha! Thats always good to hear. However it will be tricky because with hatching twins although it can be done theres a low hatch rate unless you help them..

Very exciting indeed.

Hmm, im not exactly sure but i'd say maybe 5-6 days old? Sorry i cant really tell from the picture.

Heres a chart that you might want to look at, you might get a idea on the age
smile.png

wr_duckeggchart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom