Dead rooster

Bmart41685

Hatching
Feb 21, 2017
My chickens have recently developed what I call "mud butt". Where their poop is runny and leaves a trail on their down feathers when they poop. I've only had birds for one year. I have been using DE for worming but I noticed my new rooster I've had for 4 months started stretching his neck and shaking his head, laying down in the yard, staggering when he got up. I caught him yesterday and examined him visually and couldn't find anything. He acted normal other than the symptoms I described above even topping hens off normally. I went to feed this morning and he was dead in the run. I researched online and found his symptoms line up with worm infestation. So I went and bought Safe Gaurd pellets and gave with feed today. I'm noticing alot of people using Wazine 17. I was thinking wait 10 days and treat with the Wazine? Any advice would be helpful. Also I've started some of my hens in a seperate coop to lay out and hatch off his fertilized eggs while I still can. In an attempted to hatch off a new rooster. Any reason why I shouldn't hatch chicks while worming.

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I note that you have posted your question elsewhere and I'm sure that you will get some good advice.

Best wishes
CT

welcome-byc.gif
You could post in full detail on the Emergency thread and see what they think.

Hi there and welcome to the chicken club! I am so glad you joined BYC, please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself here! :frow

~Cuz

G’Day from down under Bmart41685
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss
sad.png
and hope that the folks on the ER Forum were able to assist.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif

Sorry you lost your rooster. I hope you find the answers to your questions and everything is ok.

Back
Top Bottom