2 "pregnant" goats - pooch test

Amyisadog

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2017
Hi everyone I have 2 goats. The owner had said they where pregnant. Sadly we made a mistake when buying them, they did not give us their history. I am not to sure if they are pregnant and I wanted to know if you are able to help me by the pooch test.

welcome-byc.gif

I'm not super experienced with goats, and don't know what a pooch test is, but looking at the belly view, neither of them look pregnant to me. Or if so, they're newly bred.

I've got one pregnant Boer who is due next month and her belly is massive. One who didn't take last fall and she looks more slender, along the lines of your girls.

I thought they were might have been 2 to 3 months beacuse the tan one had been forming teets and are pretty big but it might have been beacuse she had been bred before. I do think the black one is forming because her grew since we got her.

If the doe is pregnant, you will first see changes in the dry udder at the top where it joins the body. The changes will start being noticeable about two months before kidding.

Back
Top Bottom