I'm Kim, from Texas

kymmi

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2017
Texas
I'm a new chicken owner I rescued one and decided she looked lonely so I went and bought 4 chicks! I believe I got do I pullets and a rooster. I've always wanted chickens...although my family thinks I'm crazy because I already had six dogs and two cats. Anywho hi and I'm glad I found such a helpful site and here's a picture of my rescue!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:
Beautiful chicken! I'm curious, how was she rescued?

OH, and be careful, you might become addicted like me :)

Her old owner is an alcoholic who works for my husband. My hubby told me he had a chicken but would forget to feed her... I made him get the chicken...
Also I'm already addicted....these are the other four I bought so Rosie wouldn't be lonely

G’Day from down under kymmi
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am no expert but I think you may have more than one rooster.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Those white chickens are the same breed and one's comb is growing at a much faster rate...if those are the ones you're talking about. And thanks for the welcome!

Hi Kim, thanks for joining us at Backyard chickens. Do you know the age/ breed of the chubby white chicks? they are so round and fully packed, I wonder if they are Cornish x
meat birds.

The feed store said something about them being meat chicken. I'm not sure how old they are either, I do know they are starting to get color in their combs, if that helps lol

Hey from Kansas, Kim, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined our community! As D'Diva mentioned, the standard meat bird today is the Cornish Cross. You'll soon know if that's what you have as that breeds grows at what seems an almost impossible rate!! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom