New-ish from Nebraska

shandy

Chirping
Apr 26, 2016
I actually joined the forum back in March 2016 when we got our 12 baby chicks (3 RIRs, 3 Barred Rock, 3 Buff Orphingtons and 3 Easter Eggers). We ended up with 3 roosters, 2 that were rehomed and when we did that brought 3 new easter eggers home!! So, there we were with 13 chickens! Sadly, we've lost 2 to a predator and had 2 die to illness. Now we have 7 hens and 2 roosters who all seem to be getting along very well!

BUT we decided we needed to hatch babies, so we're working on our 1st batch now
wee.gif

It's not even been a year and our family is addicted to chickens! Speaking of my family, other than chickens, there is me and my husband and we have 2 boys (10 and 7) and 2 dogs (yellow lab and weimaraner) and 1 cat. I am a school nurse and looking forward to having the summers off spending time with my children and animals and garden. We also love to hunt, fish, camp, shoot archery, and shoot guns. We are pretty much outdoors people!

I have a couple of local friends who are also chicken people, but love having the forum to mingle on!

That's my life in a nutshell
yippiechickie.gif

Hi there - so glad you've taken a moment to introduce yourself, always nice to meet another member of the BYC flock! Sounds like a wonderful, busy family you have there. It's not surprising you have become poultry addicts so quickly - when the bug hits it hits hard and fast!

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the introduction and good luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom